Marketing Blog Day #1

Topic #1:

About Me...


What prompted me to enroll in this course is that I thought it would be an interesting class to take. I enrolled with the hopes that I would learn something new and that I would be able to apply what I have learned in future references. I am a accounting major and I am deeply interested what sort of trends occur with marketing since it is evolving and changing.


I would say that one of my hobbies is to read, I really enjoy reading and like to go to my local library to sit and read for a couple hours. I also enjoy spending a lot of time with my family, and you can usually find me having a movie night with my siblings every Friday or Saturday night (snacks are always involved).


Topic #2:


Marketing in the News 



In this recent IKEA commercial that aired in the UK, things take a turn towards a fluffier side. In the article “Ikea's sofas are so comfy you might turn into a cat” it explores the different characteristics that define this intriguingly cute ad.
The article mentions how the commercial begins with a woman taking different objects out of a magical IKEA Frakta bag. She unpacks pillows from the frakta bag and when she get ready for a nap she transforms into a cat. The commercial successfully delivers the idea that IKEA can give you what you need to feel right at home.
This commercial helps with representing the mission that IKEA stands for, that they can create a better everyday life for many people. The value proposition is really to give the best service to the customers by enforcing the fact that they can provide what you need to really feel at home with their products. I believe that this is demonstrated through the cat, since the cat really expresses a relaxed and comfortable feeling surrounded by the IKEA products.
I think the challenge that the company is trying to overcome in this instance is that they want to integrate the new ideas of marketing to attract more customers to their company. They not only want to peek the interest of their customers they want their message to get a couple of smiles from others as well. They also want to show that the products that they are offering are so comfy, even a pet will love it.
What made this approach so unique was that the woman transformed into a cat to represent that comfort she felt with the different IKEA product. This approach is an effective way to market their products and I really enjoy how they use the transformation into a cat  because I think it really helps attract animal lovers to IKEA. I think something I took out of this article is that IKEA does try to bring in different ideas, and those different ideas really help to catch others attention. They already have people that like what they bring to the table but by using different approaches then the customers that already like IKEA will help spread the word to others as well.


Comments

Popular Posts